We believe that housing is a basic human right.
At Avalon, we help our community’s most vulnerable citizens find housing without preconditions. Then we provide them essential supports to help them stay in their homes. Permanently affordable housing. A community to belong to. Individual services grounded in compassion and dignity. With these supports, we can end homelessness in Washtenaw County.
Avalon Housing is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit services provider, real estate developer and property manager. We own and manage 292 rental units in 25 properties in Washtenaw County. We provide support services to our tenants and to individuals and families living in public housing and in units owned by private landlords. In total we serve more than 800 people, including 200 children.
Support Proposal C, the Affordable Housing Millage!
Proposal C is the City of Ann Arbor’s affordable housing millage, which will be on the November ballot.
The millage is estimated to add 1,500 units of affordable housing through this millage, and provide affordable housing to nearly 3,700 people. This is the greatest chance in a generation for us to add more affordable housing units in the community!
Here’s how you can get involved:
- LEARN more at Partners for Affordable Housing
- LIKE Partners for Affordable Housing on Facebook and Twitter
- SHARE the Partners for Affordable Housing website on social media, through email, and in conversation
- VOLUNTEER, HOST A YARD SIGN and/or ENDORSE the millage by filling out the form on the “Join Us” page of the PAH website
- PROVIDE A QUOTE (AND PICTURE)
to the campaign for social media, to share with others why you are supporting the millage!
- DONATE to PAH by mail or online here
- If you’re a City of Ann Arbor resident, VOTE YES on Prop C!
Read about the Chamber of Commerce’s endorsement of Prop C here
In 2020 Avalon Housing will start leases and move-ins for the first phase of 70 units of affordable housing at Hickory Way Apartments in Ann Arbor. Hickory Way tenants will be exiting homelessness and moving into new homes. They will all need basic furnishings and household items. For…
By: Avalon Housing